हिन्दी (Hindi) मे पढ़िये
Not all people need to check their blood glucose levels regularly. The American Diabetes Association screening recommendations are given below:
- At 3 year intervals beginning at the age of 45 yrs
- Overweight (BMI greater than 25)
- Habitual physical inactivity
- People belonging to predisposed race/ethnicity e.g. Asian Americans
- Previously identified impaired glucose tolerance
- HDL cholesterol less than 35 mg/dl and/or triglyceride greater than 250 mg/dl
- History of gestational (pregnancy related) diabetes mellitus
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
For serial no. 2-9 testing may be done more frequently.
The recommended test for screening is fasting blood glucose.